Saturday, February 23, 2013

Adventures In PomPom Land by Myko Diann Bocek


  • * * * * * 
  • Paperback: 128 pages
  • Publisher: Lark Crafts (March 5, 2013)
  • ISBN-13: 978-1454703860
  • Product Dimensions: 9.9 x 8 x 0.4 inches

Don't chuckle at me! Those of you who know me - or who have read my blogs for some time will immediately realize that this is not my usual art form!

When the publisher sent this book to me for review my  immediate reaction was - oh no pompoms! I do not like pompoms; never have and I thought I never would! Then, as I turned the pages of this charming little treat of a book, I realized that although these little cuties are made from wool pompoms, they aren't pompoms as we normally think of them. These are haute pompoms!

The author, Myko (think mike-o") Diann Bocek, is a Beatrix Potter fan and her pompom creatures are born from Beatrix's delightful whimsical creatures. Beatrix Potter also filled my childhood with delight and I remain a huge fan of her work to this day.

If you can, for a moment, consider what Beatrix Potter's creatures might look like as pompoms you will get an idea about what's in this charming little book.

I am going to give making these a whirl - they are too cute not too. These haute pompoms are all made from luscious wool yarn and roving and they become shaped like whimsical creatures. Not my typical type of art making - by these are just too adorable not to give them a try.

Don't be put off by the word pompom - if you are like me - this book really deserves your attention! If you are already a pompom lover then you have to have this book.!

I'm not sure how Lark manages to produce such high quality, visually beautiful books - but this one is a bargain!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

My spοuse and I stumbled over here diffегent wеb
аddresѕ anԁ thought I mау aѕ well chеck thingѕ out.
I liκe whаt I see so now i'm following you. Look forward to looking at your web page repeatedly.

My blog wholesale granite

Anonymous said...

It is truly a great and useful piece of info. Ι am glad
that you shared thіs helρful informatіon
with us. Please keеp us informed like this.

Thanks for shaгing.

Feel freе to ѕurf to my webpage - international shipping companies

Kota said...

A link for the adventerous zone is present here with the help of which you can enjoy the best pace of your life. You can also try here and can manage the true aspectations of your life with the nice cover positions.

Drip said...

An area of the adventures where you can find the best link of your site here. You can also get the new contact with the better help. Just click now and find the true section of your life with the right zone.

Fojg said...

You can find the new link of the adventure where you can arrange the new design with the better phase. Just get your controls with http://dissertation.proposalwritingservice.com/ and enjoy the new books with the best conditions. You can also follow the new lines here.

mikon said...

A new blogspot is waiting for your help in this mode. You can see the musing crow designs and can find the better help here. Just go with http://www.copychecker.org/ and find the area of adventure with the Myko Diann Bocek.

mikon said...

In this area of the adventure you can enjoy the best area here. Just get the link of www.punctuationchecker.org with this page and find the fun. Just come here with the Diann Bocek and enjoy the new zone of the fun in this best area.