Thursday, September 9, 2010

The Sixth Surrender by Hana Samek Norton

* * * *
This book kept me up reading later than I should have for several nights. I thoroughly enjoyed this read and, as a first effort, I think there must be more good reads to come from this author. There were some aspects of the romances that made me think "maybe not!". I think that the author stretched to hold some of the plot and romance together but that did not stop my enjoyment. I am a fanatic about historical fiction - but I always remember that it is, in fact, fiction - not non-fiction - and so I allow some slack on that account. I can really recommend this book. If you are a picky historical history reader you may find elements that don't suit you - but make no mistake that Ms. Norton has done a a lot of research and presents her book with a tremendous amount of historical fact - you can easily imagine yourself as part of the book as you read it. I thoroughly enjoyed this read and recommend it to fans of historical fiction set in the early 13th century.


What exactly is the sixth surrender? You can find the answer to that question. Read no further if you don't want to read a spoiler...

"...siege,storm,surprise, subterfuge, suborning...they say are the means of gaining a well guarded secret...there is s sixth one...do you know what that is, my lady?... surrender..."








note: this book was provided to me by Amazon.com for the purpose of honest review - no other sort of remuneration was received.


No comments: