Friday, May 21, 2010

"Journal Junkies Workshop. Visual Ammunition For The Art Addict" by Eric M. Scott and David R. Modler

*  *  *  *  *
I have kept written journals for more than 20 years, but at some point I realized that I wanted my journals to contain more images and color. I always had added copies of photographs to my journals - but I wanted to learn to make art in my books. Art that make me remember my feelings at the time more completely when I went back to review my journal books years later.

I have been doing visual/art journaling for several years now. Oddly enough I still keep a more private written journal but my visual albums are just as I had wanted them to be. I am still learning and growing though so I am always on  the lookout for new books about journals and art journaling. 
There  are so many wonderful techniques out there to learn! I learned about "The Journal Junkies Workbook" from a recommendation on Amazon - after all of the years that I have been using Amazon they have found some real winning titles that I have been glad to hear about from them.

I am a book sniffer and paper 'fondler'. If I am planning to use a book a lot I like to enjoy the feel of the paper, the scent of the paper and the typeface used in the book. This book utilizes a great quality paper with a smooth, semi-gloss finish. I have found that most titles published by North Light Books are really well produced. Great quality and very attractive.

 What I especially like about the techniques in this book is that they are, for the most part, simple techniques that are well executed and exceptionally well illustrated. A fast look at the Table Of Content
will give you a good idea about the scope of this book.  Check out the forward on page 7 written by Kathy Eldon - very moving. Most of the included techniques are pretty straight forward and not overly labor intensive - illustrating great ways to use generally easily available tools in inventive ways. I am truly enjoying this book and I think that you would like it too - if you have an interest in art, visual journals, art, journals, collage or mixed media design. 


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Marie~

Thanks for sending me here from BAJ. Nice review!

Jenny

Timaree said...

Nice review. I think I will be getting it. It may go over stuff I already know but two men presenting it is different so maybe I will learn something new.

Unknown said...

Before getting into this side you should this site and get their way to have a better view on the writing side and check your way out on the writing side.

nill said...

The paraphrase writings are quite different than regular writing and so check here http://www.rewordmywork.com/ as you get their paraphrase tools here.

Anonymous said...

Amazing blog post,Hillary Clinton is one of the fine and experienced leader of the US of the America but you can get reference for best work. Clinton very surely knows the economy word and watch out for the economy of the world and can stable the economy rate in the nation. I should value you for sharing such imperative data.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful post,Your frame of mind and your exertion are enabling you to work the best and this site is the fantastic site which demonstrates your aspirations and keeps your disposition high so that in future you can ready to work brilliantly and get info to click on www.passivevoicechecker.com/ if you wanna to get quality work. Numerous others ways you can choose to giving the data yet it relies upon you.